Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

M is for Music



Pop, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, and Classical! These are all forms of music, and that's what im talking to you about today!

Music is everywhere, I mean now that there are I-pods, and portable radios, and even computers hold music its hard not to find it. Itunes definatley plays a big part in this music industry. Two clicks and you bought a whole album with 15 or 16 songs that you can listen to non-stop. Plus itunes have made it possible for people to sinc there songs to there computers. That means that you have all the songs on your i-pod/MP3 player in your computer. This also means that you can sinc your songs onto other peoples I-pod, so everyone gets your music!!! CRAZY RIGHT! But that's actually really cool.

Plus Youtube has radically changed the music industry for the better. I mean, you can listen to any type of music you want in the entire world! Now that's cool! I mean if i feel like listening to some pop music then I can just jump onto my computer go to youtube, then just type in some pop music and a million copies of that song are immmediatley shown up on my screen. That's amazing! I mean there's no reason to buy a CD or record, you just need to get a computer.

Now how is this affecting the CD industry? Recent studdies show that since 2006, when youtube was bought by google for 165 billion dollars, CD sales went down 13% within a month of sales. Now CD sales are not nearly as high as they were before youtube, but still good enough to keep store like HMV open.

14 songs out of the animal album by Kesha cost 9.99. In HMV it costs about 15.99. Now you can see why Itunes is also more affordable for the average person in North America. Plus an Itunes gift card for $20.00 can easliy get two albums, but in HMV you can just get one. So for a present I would much rather reicieve or give a gift card to itunes rather than HMV.

But why aren't CDs all around the world going out of buissness? Well I guess there is still a high demand for CDs, lets here why. You see some people who are older aren't really used to this "computer thing", and dont really know how to just hop onto there computer and download songs, or go to youtube. So they dont go on youtube, or Itunes and instead they buy CDs. Also if a CD is signed by a band or a singer, you can sell it for a high price, rather than a song on itunes.

So which is better? Itunes, Youtube, or any of the other music related internet sites, or Compact Disc? There are many reasons that both can be doing well in the business world. So you can dd whatever is right for you.

Life Lesson: Listen to whatever music seems right to you, dont let somebody else control it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completly Andy. You were very insightful when you told the readers about all the ways you can listen to music and the different types of people that listen to music, because everyone has an opinion. There are also many other ways to listen to music, and I would also add that you can make your own songs. Overall, I think that your blog post was very insightful and at the same time, it really was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!That post was amazing in so many ways. But I really liked how you made the transition from fun-blog to a blog where you gave me some info on the tanking CD sales. It was amazing how you still kept me intrested throughout your entire blog. I would only say that you should try looking from different veiwpoints. I mean like when you said that only older people would like CD's that's how you think of it, but other people might think otherwise. Overall. one of the best posts I've ever seen. Keep it up, Andy!

    ReplyDelete